PALM SPRINGS, CA
Dr. Cathy O’Connell has a passion for creating experiences that inspire and delight. A charismatic public speaker, Cathy’s strong communication skills and compassionate understanding bring spirit and fun to programs and presentations. Cathy is the co-founder of COJ Events, a luxury destination event planning studio based in Palm Springs for the past 18 years and of Inclusive Wedding Planning, an online educational community for LGBTQ+ planning their weddings. She also has an LGBTQ+ YouTube Channel interviewing industry leaders on issues supporting the LGBTQ+ Event community. Cathy is also an ordained interfaith minister with a doctorate in theology, and she incorporates a body, mind, and spirit approach to life and work success while sharing her gifts of joy and compassion to all she meets.
Creating a LGBTQ+ Welcoming Environment
This presentation will guide venue leaders and staff in best practices to welcome LGBTQ+ clients to their venue, especially when these couples are reaching out to plan their wedding. From the initial client email interaction, the verbiage used on communication forms, how couples are treated when they arrive, the names of wedding suites, to how couples and guests are treated at the event, we will deep dive into what makes an LGBTQ+ couple feel like they are welcomed and supported at your venue.
By the end of the presentation, attendees should expect to learn about:
- What is most important to LGBTQ+ couples when they are searching for the perfect venue
- How to adapt their current materials to assure they are welcoming for LGBTQ+ couples
- How to ask the right, supportive questions of LGBTQ+ couples around their wedding desires
- How to train staff in appropriate welcoming and hospitality measures for LGBTQ+ couples
- How the details matter: amenities, use of proper pronouns, asking questions, etc.